Employment Status: Full time role
Position Reports to: Kirstie Kelly, President
Key to your success will be the ability to develop productive relationships with internal partners including Executive team, merchants, marketing partners in social media, PR, digital marketing (search, email), retail, and creative teams.
The Marketing Director focuses on communicating the differentiators of Porridge, LLC Brands divisional initiatives across a variety of marketing vehicles where relevant, including media (catalog, ecommerce, digital marketing, retail) and external marketing platforms (TV, Radio, Newspaper, Magazine, Mobile and Digital Display) in support of multi-channel business objectives for our B2B and D2C businesses. This is an important role within the Porridge Brands Marketing team as the role leads and executes brand and marketing campaigns focused on building brand awareness, acquiring a new customer, re-engaging lapsed, maintaining, and rightsizing our current customers to the Porridge Brands (Porridge and Odells) driving growth and supporting sales objectives for Porridge, LLC across channels.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Create awareness of and drive engagement with the Brands via traditional and digital media designed to hit specific defined initiatives, marketing and divisional KPI’s
- Lead the development of seasonal brand marketing divisional initiatives that convey the brand marketing point-of-view and support business targets with cross divisional partners
- Partner with Marketing channel owners to optimize brand, marketing and retail marketing budgets and report data to measure effectiveness of campaign results.
- Provide divisional goals, initiatives, and overall key product stories to support media agency partnership in development of multi-channel media plans the meet annual and seasonal strategic business objectives
Lead development and coordinate measurable multi-channel, channel-specific, product, promotional marketing strategies that tie back to brand strategy and business goals
- Employ a variety of communications tools: print advertising, public relations, direct marketing, strategic partnerships, events marketing, on-line, viral marketing, cause-related, local/community initiatives, social media
- Ensure fashion/product relevance to timing, Big Ideas and Merchandising Point-of-view
- Provide storytelling on a product and collection level
- Develop out of the box initiatives that connect the core values, sales and consumer
- Facilitate integration of marketing, merchandising, product development, creative and other departments as appropriate, to fully develop Big Ideas
- Lead divisional integrated marketing planning and partner closely with Wholesale and Digital, Social, PR, Creative Channel Managers to incorporate campaigns into their strategies and tactics
- Initiate and maintain program analysis reporting for all brand marketing initiatives
- Maintain a consistent voice & focused execution across channels aligned with branding and target audience
- Lead the continued evolution of Brand integrity and consumer growth through initiatives and segmentation to attract a brand right wider audience
- Test new ways to reach prospective customers, lapsed, and current customers with a focus on increasing considerations and purchase intent to drive demand and increasing the customer file.
- Create and present multi-channel marketing/campaign strategies tactics and performance to Sr. Leadership
- Partner with Creative Directors and Buyers to align on product focuses and marketing campaign initiatives to insure a cohesive message.
- Partner closely with Digital Director to align on merchandising strategies in direct response channels (email, social and .com)
- Lead the seasonal go-to-market strategy and milestone meetings from a marketing perspective.
Skills And Experience Requirements
- 8+ years of brand marketing and promotions for a B2B and D2C apparel retailer, using a broad marketing mix (Digital, Advertising, PR, Events, Promotions, etc.).
- Tech-first brand experience in Apparel, Beauty, or lifestyle
- Global Brand experience
- Out of the box Thinker and initiative driver
- Creative Thinker
- Demonstrated Leadership
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time and self-management skills
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work under pressure on multiple projects
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Motivated, energetic self-starter with strong problem solving, relationship building and leadership skills
- Must be comfortable working with ambiguity and change and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
Seniority Level: Director
Marketing & Advertising
Apparel & Fashion